Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Why hasn't their world stopped?

Have you ever had a big event happen in your life and then been driving down the road...and you see people in cars going to work or the grocery store. I am always amazed to wonder why this day isn't significant in their lives. How could they be going to work on a day like this. What could posses them to continue on in their day normally. The first time I felt this way was on my wedding day. I had dreamed of it as a girl, hoped for it as a 20 something, planned for it while engaged, and was totally absorbed in it on that day. But they didn't even know.

Thursday I had that feeling again. My father-in-law went into a rest home that day. With the circumstances it is the best place for him. But it brings his mortality that much closer. (He has cancer for those who don't know.) I heard it and as I was driving home I just looked at these people and kept wondering why hadn't there world so abruptly stopped like ours had.

All our love Mom and Dad Reid.

5 comments:

amber buhrley said...

Wow Simcah! I didnt even realize. I am so sorry. I know you are close to him and I can imagine that would be hard to see such a strong man you admire so much go down hill. Hoping things get better for you and that you get through this rough time.

Jolynn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jolynn said...

Chris and Simcah, I am sorry to hear your news! I do know what you mean when you have to stop and wonder why your life has just shattered and no one else has a clue to what you are going through. Those were my thoughts exactly, TWICE, as I drove home empty handed after delivering two children. Going home with an empty car seat is a very LONG and LONELY drive. Best wishes to you and your family.

wilbergrivkah said...

Sim, Love you! You are so strong! I am so here for you! call my anytime you need to talk. Our prayers are deffinately with Bucko!

Wendy & Jason Steenblik said...

Thanks for telling all of us. We'll be praying for him and for his sweet wife. Take care.