Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Zeke-ie's 1st Birthday. Look Whoo's Turning One Party.

I have always done a big 1st birthday for my kids.   I actually do two, one for the Reids and one for the Fershtuts.  So I made this cute Owl cake I saw online.  and I made a pinata that I thought up all by myself.  (I know, I proud of me too.)  


Look at how brave he was and how he jumped right in and had fun with that cake.



So big walking.  I love how he walks with his hand above his head like he's holding on to somebody's hands even though no one is there.  


Instead of hitting the pinata with a bat, since I wanted to use it again for the Fershtut Party I put a plug on the bottom that was attached to these ribbons hanging down.  So all the kids took a ribbon and then they pulled together.  It worked really well, I think I liked it better than the bat.  



My two September Birthdays.  I love these boys.

Cake #2.




My Dad.





This was hilarious.  You'd think having already been though this he would know the drill.  But he did not like his Owl cake this time.  And once it was a decapitated Owl Head he was really freaked out. 



So my Dad being the forever Scientist was curious what he was freaked out about.  So he turned the owl head around so it wasn't looking at Zeke anymore, and Zeke stopped crying.  So to further the experiment along he decided to turn it back around to look at Zeke to see if he'd start crying again.  Well as my Dad turned it he did his best vantrillique and said, "Hello I am the Owl."  Zeke jumped out of his pants.  He was like clawing to get out of the highchair.  He was so scared.  It was so funny.  We all laughed so hard.

No comments: